- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Samuel D. Rusitzky Lecture
Thursday, October 25
"When America Met China" with author Eric Jay Dolin
6:00 p.m., Reception and Book Signing
7:00 p.m., Lecture
Enjoy an evening with award-winning local author Eric Jay Dolin, author of the acclaimed Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America. Dolin will discuss his latest book When America First Met China, an examination of China's introduction to early America. Dolin will enthrall the audience with tales of opium smugglers, sea pirates, and dueling clipper ships. Join us before the lecture for a book signing and reception.
The annual Samuel D. Rusitzky Lecture is sponsored by Louis M. and JoAnne Rusitzky and Harris H. and Joan Rusitzky. This event is free and open to the public.