- Digital Scholarship
- Summer 2015 Family Programs
- Portuguese Short Film Festival
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- The Second Half: Fall Lecture Series
- Mindfulness for Busy People
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- Manhattan Short Film Festival
- Film Screening: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Fado from Portugal: Rodrigo Costa Félix live in New Bedford
Friday, July 18
Following a recent string of highly successfully shows in the United States, Rodrigo Costa Félix returns to perform an intimate evening of fado at the New Bedford Whaling Museum.
In addition to touring the United States, he has appeared throughout Europe in support of his award-winning CD "Fados de Amor" and the single "Amigo Aprendiz", voted by The Atlantic Monthly magazine as one of the 12 best ballads of 2012.
Rodrigo Costa Félix will be joined on stage by Marta Pereira da Costa, a virtuoso of the Portuguese guitar, and Pedro Pinhal, a veteran player of the classical guitar who has accompanied many of fado's greatest artists.
The event is held in conjunction with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s Center for Portuguese Studies and Culture.
Tickets are $25 per person and are available for purchase online.