- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
From the Vault
The Whaling Museum's Research Library houses some of history's greatest treasures, encompassing a wide range of topics from international whaling history to the history of Old Dartmouth. The Library's impressive holdings include over 1700 linear feet of manuscript materials, 700 maps and charts, and over 18,000 printed titles. Additionally, the Library proudly boasts the world's largest and finest collection of whaling logbooks and journals, numbering over 2300. Every piece has its own unique story to tell, and we invite you to look at a few of the thousands of Library materials and hear their tales through the Museum's From the Vault, featuring a different treasure from the Library.