- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Nautical Antiques Show
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- A Grateful Dead Yoga Experience
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Special programs are available throughout the year for children. Visit the Museum during February or April Vacation Week for full days of activities. Right Whale Day celebrates a highly endangered species and raises awareness of the challenges these animals face in increasing their population. Join Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Teddy Roosevelt to celebrate Presidents' Day and enjoy cake, crafts and a scavenger hunt!
April Vacation Week
Participate in a highlights tour, go below deck on the world's largest model whaleship, learn to throw a harpoon, create your own scrimshaw and more!
Summer Family Fun
Daily hands-on activities and Family Fun Highlights Tours during the months of July and August.
Melville Family Day
Herman Melville's birthday is celebrated every year in the summer with free crafts, activities, and birthday cake.
Presidents' Day & February Vacation
Presidents' Day kicks off February vacation programs at the Whaling Museum.