- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
The perfect gift for the person that has everything
Give the gift of membership and your family and friends can visit the Whaling Museum all year – for free! Each recipient will receive a special announcement of their gift membership to the Whaling Museum. As an added bonus if you purchase a Family level or above membership, the recipient will receive a $10 gift card to the Museum Store!
Membership Benefits Include:
- Unlimited free admission to the Museum
- Advance notice of programs, exhibit openings, and special events
- Discounts on lectures, trips, and programs
- Invitations to members-only events
- Members' only mailings such as The Bulletin from Johnny Cake Hill
- 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Store
- Admit One* passes, to share the Museum with a friend
Membership Levels (all levels are fully tax deductible)
Admits member named on card. One Admit One* pass.
Admits 2 household members named on card, or one member and one guest. Two Admit One* passes.
Admits 2 household members named on card and their children or grandchildren aged 18 or under. Four Admit One* passes.
Family privileges, plus reciprocal privileges at over 500 museums, including USS Constitution, Peabody Essex Museum, and Mystic Seaport Museum through the Council of American Maritime Museums (CAMM) and the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Program.
Associate privileges plus 10% discount on facility rental for private function. Six Admit One* passes.
Cupola Society $1,000 and above - Learn more about the Cupola Society
Patron privileges, plus invitations to private dinners and events, behind-the-scenes tours of the Museum's collection, and a special Cupola Society pin. This important membership level is available to individuals and families. Participants will enjoy the benefits of the above, plus recognition in The Bulletin from Johnny Cake Hill newsletter. Members of the Cupola Society benefit from fellowship and the opportunity to learn and explore the Museum in depth.
Member privileges for one teacher or student with valid I.D. Receive special mailings on the Museum's educational programming.
*Each Admit One pass is good for one free Museum admission for a non-member.