- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Lunchtime Story Time
Tuesdays July 30, August 6 and August 13
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
in the Whaling Museum’s Jacobs Family Gallery
beneath our whale skeletons.
The New Bedford Whaling Museum’s High School Apprentices invite parents and their children to join them this summer for Lunchtime Story Time. The apprentices will read stories that they created this summer. Each week several new stories, which feature sea creatures, pets, adventure, friendship, cooperation and other positive themes, will be read by the apprentices. Once the stories have been read, children can participate in craft activities that relate to those stories.
Stories are geared for ages 4-8.
All Lunchtime Story Time programs are free.
Regular admission fees apply if you’d like to visit the galleries.
Bring your lunch and let our kids read to your kids!
For more information contact Robert Rocha, email@example.com or 508-997-0046 x149.