- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Nautical Antiques Show
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Pre- and Post-Visit Activities for School Programs
For pre- and post-visit content specific to programs, please visit the corresponding School Programs page.
Learning about Whales
Activities to use in the classroom before your visit to provide background information for your students, or use afterwards to further enhance the students' knowledge and reinforce what they learned while at the New Bedford Whaling Museum.
Whale Challenge (PDF)
Activity Description: What is echolocation?
Journal Page Aboard the Bark Lagoda
Click here or on the image below to download a journal page (PDF document) for your students to use in the classroom.
Create your own Logbook Instructions
Create your own logbook using these step by step instructions (PDF)
Create Your Own Logbook Stamps Instruction
Follow these step by step instructions (PDF) to create your own logbook stamps to use in your logbooks!