- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Views to the Harbor
Exhibition Dates: September 26th, 2011 - June 2012
The Museum’s Davis Observation Deck provides one of the best views in New Bedford – a view in which the city’s current and historic maritime heritage plays out before you, a living portrait of the city’s economic engine. What better place, then, to explore historic views of the harbor and its activities? The exhibition included well-knowns such as William Allen Wall, Charles Henry Gifford, and Clifford Ashley as well as some less familiar artist such as Francisco Rapoza, and Theodosia Potter Chase.
"Centre Street, New Bedford", Sylvia, Louis, ca. 1958 (2001.100.43)